– Anzeige / Advertisement –
Ariadne Capital is offering a key, central role in its transaction team to a dynamic, self-starter who is keen to take on real responsibility and develop client management skills in a busy, entrepreneurial environment. The opportunity at Ariadne will put them in the middle of the venture capital and tech, new media and communications industries. They will benefit from access to the investor community, the broad range of projects considered and the senior talent within Ariadne to accelerate their own careers whether that be in venture capital, investment banking or in operational/executive roles in high-growth companies in software, new media and communications sectors.
- Key team member working for a Director of the firm leading transactions
- >Assist in securing clients/portfolio companies including preparing pitches, creating proposals, getting standard Letters of Engagements signed, understanding and managing the profitability of the account;
- Source investments and analyse and review investment proposals
- Oversee preparation of all financial analysis and documentary support for the transactions
- Lead due diligence efforts on potential investments
- Liaise with clients through the execution phase of a mandate – m&a, capital raisings, commercial partnerships
- Build and manage client relationships
- Secure sector know-how and analysing technological innovation; research on market comparables and context for Ariadne portfolio companies
- Post-investment, assist management teams of portfolio companies on operational and strategic issues
- >3 – 4 years experience as analyst at an investment bank, corporate finance house, the corporate finance division of an accounting firm, or the business analysis team of a major technology or internet firm, or has been part of a very successful, high-growth product offering or business unit; furthermore, he/she was a pivotal contributor to this success
- must be plugged into “our world” – strong rolodex, specific industry contacts and knowledge
- Some experience as first year associate preferred
- Knowledge of standard accountancy practices preferred
- In-house or external training qualifications in financial analysis, preparation of business plans and valuation methodology
- Structured analytical background with strong exposure to entrepreneurial ventures; business acumen and sensibility
- Strong understanding of sectors of technology, media or telecoms preferred; must be able to contribute to a discussion on the Go To Market Strategy of an Ariadne portfolio company
- MBA or Masters degree from a leading institution [optional]
- Evidence of a strong network of industry relationships preferred
- Nationality-neutral, but must have UK working papers
- Sharp Intellect
- Needs to win; abundant passion, drive, and sense of urgency
- Dynamic, self-motivated, hard-working individual
- “Can do”, “Will do” attitude
- Client focussed and customer sensitive
- Strong communication skills
- Sales and Marketing ability is important to the role
- Excellent spreadsheet skills are a must
- Ability to synthesize information and form a defensible point of view is critical
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with the unexpected
- Proactive within a team working environment
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Active listener and nimble thinker
- Strong dose of common sense and street smarts
- high level of personal confidence and self-esteem/awareness
- polished and has presence
- Athlete in a team sports environment – can play more than one position [preferred]
- Perfect written and spoken English; strong verbal and written communication skills
Competitive Salary and Bonus
The individual would join a thriving, well-funded, well-networked business of 12 people in London which enjoys a high-profile, strong deal flow, considerable track record and impressive network.
The career opportunity offered to this individual is the chance to take on higher level responsibility and client contact quickly.
There are real opportunities to move up within the organisation depending on initiative taken and commitment demonstrated.
The small, entrepreneurial team encourages the development of “own” projects and offers any candidate the opportunity to create their own business domain within the Ariadne portfolio and manage that largely independently.
Interviews will be conducted in early May in London with the candidate targeted to start by July 2007.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org