Invitation to the MIT Symposium on
Large Scale Renewable Energy Utilization
Witnessing a Paradigm Shift towards Sustainable Energy Supply?
Dear ESCP-EAP graduates,
We are glad to offer a limited number of our alumni this unique opportunity to participate – thank to the initiative of the MIT Alumni Club in Germany!
Dear Members and friends of the MIT Club of Germany,
We are pleased to invite you to a key symposium and company visit under the umbrella of the IT Alumni Organization. We will close in on this most current topic both via a discussion roundtable with high-profile representatives and via a tour of Q-Cells’ high-tech manufacturing plant in Thalheim/Bitterfeld.
We start with an exiting visit to Q-Cells, a world leader in solar energy modules/panels on Saturday morning March 1st. In the evening we offer a panel discussion with world-renowned participants from Politics, Research, Industry, and Utilities. Participants are:
• Dr. Ottmar Edenhofer, Dep. Director of PIK (Potsdam Institute of Klimafolgenforschung)
• Dr. Christian Ehler, MdEP, Energieexperte
• Bärbel Höhn, MdB, Energieexpertin
• Anton Milner, CEO of Q-Cells AG
• Prof. Jefferson Tester, MIT, Head of the Research Group on Energy and Environment
• Matthias Hartung, Vorstand der RWE Power AG
• Moderator: Dr. Hanns-Michael Hölz, Corp. Social Responsibility, Deutsche Bank AG
Potsdam, Hotel Dorint Sanssouci (****), Jägerallee 20, 14469 Potsdam, Tel.: 0331-274-0
Arrival: Friday evening, 29.2.08 and optional early Saturday, 1.3.08
Depart to Q-cells, Thalheim: Saturday, 1.3.08, 9:00 sharp, via bus transfer from Hotel Dorint Number of participants is limited to 80
Panel Discussion in Dorint’s congress room: Saturday, 18:00
Expected number of participants: 200
Guided tour to exquisite historic sites in Potsdam: Sunday, 2.3.08, 10:00, from Hotel Dorint
For details, please, see attached documents.
Please RSVP and reserve your hotel rooms early (please, use attached form)
– RSVPs & payments must be received by February 15th
– MIT rate at the hotel is guaranteed until February 1st, optional until Feb. 15th.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Potsdam!
There is a contingent of 10 places on this seminar reserved to ESCP-EAP graduates, members to ESCP-EAP Alumni e.V.
Please inform Volker@escpEAPalumni.net about your venue, indicating full name of the persons wishing to participate.