Real Estate Analyst position within a global Private Equity Firm
Founded in 1987, CarVal Investors (formerly Cargill Value Investment) has acquired more than $17 billion in assets in 2,700 transactions in 35 countries. Today, the firm manages $12 billion in assets. CarVal’s activities are conducted in four primary business lines: Corporate Credit, Loan Portfolios, Real Estate and Special Opportunities.
CarVal Investors is a global leader in opportunistic real estate investing in over 2,500 transactions since 1991 and has underwriting capabilities worldwide.
CarVal Investors has closed in Feb 2007, the CVI Global Value Fund, a fund formed to invest in real estate, loan portfolios, corporate securities, and special opportunities. Subscriptions accepted by CVI Global Value Fund totalled $5.75 billion. Due to continued expansion there is the need to appoint a highly focused professional to supplement the existing team.
CarVal Investors (CVI) has over 99 investment professionals in twelve locations worldwide, and is involved in investments in the office, industrial, multifamily residential, retail and hotel-related sectors. CVI is now hiring a
REAL ESTATE PRIVATE EQUITY ANALYST
for its London branch.
* To perform research and financial analysis of investment positions and potential investments across Europe.
* To perform cash-flow analysis, balance sheet and income statement analysis.
* To analyse investment opportunities and assist in the preparation of investment recommendations.
* To support review of due diligence exercises preformed by third parties.
* To monitor market situation and trends in areas of prime responsibility.
* Educated to degree level with at least 1 year of analytical experience in an investment bank, private equity firm or other demanding environment.
* Outstanding analytical and modelling skills as well as good business judgement.
* A team player with the capacity to work to a demanding schedule.
* Experience in the Real Estate sector would be beneficial
* Fluency in German necessary, and in other European languages other than English would be beneficial but not essential.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.